My Little Blog

Sending my thoughts out into cyberspace to keep my sanity.

Friday, January 06, 2006

Happy 2006

I'm always a little sad when Christmas is over, but in other ways I'm glad to get my house back to order. The presents were piling up and we were trying to convert the dining room into a playroom. It is still a work in progress. We did have a great Christmas. Weston's first. He seemed to like seeing all his relatives. He is so happy and good with everyone. Hunter loved Christmas this year and was very excited about all his presents. The big thing this year were toys with balls in them. He loved his ball popper and marble works castle for toddlers. He also got a wooden train set and loves that as well. Weston liked his leapfrog table and dino ball drop. Hunter and Weston really play with each other's toys so there wasn't much distinguishing over who's was who's.
We wen't to C's aunt's house for Christmas Eve. They always have the best food. C's grandparents were up from Florida so it was nice for them to meet Weston. We did a yankee swap this year and his aunt had a pinata for the kids. They were a little young (Except for G, but it will be a great tradition) We had a pinata many years at my grandmother's house as we were growing up.
Christmas morning we opened presents at our house then we went to my aunts to see my extended family then to my parents. Oh my God, the toys my parents bought the kids !!!! My mother is a really good shopper and finds good bargins too. The next day C's family came over to our house. So it was really like three days of Christmas for us.

Other than Christmas chat. Weston is now pulling up on everything and follows Hunter everywhere. He is waving bye and holding up his hands for up. Weston is also our big boy. He weighed 21 pounds and was 30 inches long at his last check up. Thank you so much E for coming with us. (My wonderful friend came and helped out with the kids at Weston's check-up). He has eight teeth now.

Hunter is talking up a storm. He can say the entire alphabet and numbers from 1-10. He is starting to point to letters in words he sees (newspaper, boxes, anything) and saying the letter. He is so cute, he was playing with a plane today and said something like this " 20, 11, 14, 6, 9, 8, 7, 2, ready, set, go" I think he was counting down for blast off. He is also drawing cats, fish, water along with his normal faces, railroad tracks, and suns.

Heard from another parent that her daughter with HLHS got PLE years after the Fontan operation. Evidently this happens in 10% of people who have a Fontan (doctors aren't sure why?) Great, another thing to worry about. Hunter's check-up is the 20th of this month. I will be a nervous wreck as it gets closer and closer.